Updated and effective: August 1, 2020
TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
- Windmill collects Personal Information, and we may collect other information, when you access and use the Services. “Personal Information” means information that alone or when in combination with other information may be used to readily identify, contact, or locate you. We collect information from you when you voluntarily provide it to us, and we collect certain information automatically through your use of the Services. The types of information collected depend on the purposes for collecting it, and may include:
- Personal Contact Information that allows us to contact an individual directly, such as first and last name, email address, mailing and shipping address including zip code, and telephone number.
- Login Information to identify and validate you when you access the Services, which is typically Personal Contact Information, such as an email address or phone number, and a password that you have created.
- Account Information when you create an account through the mobile app or website, such as your Personal Contact Information and Login Information. You may have an option to update your mobile app account with a nickname, profile picture, country code, language preference, and/or time zone.
- Content of Communications when you contact us, communicate with us, or use the feedback and suggestions features.
- Order information when you purchase a product through the website, including information about products ordered and Personal Contact Information for the sender and recipient.
- Technical Information collected automatically when you use the website, such as an IP address, device information, browser information, browsing history, and search history and Technical Information collected automatically when you use the mobile app, including device information (such as a device UDID, wireless network name, password, and connection information, operating system type and version, application version number, push notification identifier, log files, and mobile network information) and app usage data (such as visits, clicks downloads, and messages sent/received).
- Information Pertaining to Your Connected Device collected automatically when you use the Services, such as device name, device ID, online status, activation time, firmware version and upgrade information, and information reported by your device.
- Location information, including real-time precise or non-precise geo-location information, when you use the mobile app.
- Interest and Demographic Information, such as your age, gender, interests, and/or preferences.
- Inferences Drawn from Personal Information reflecting your preferences, characteristics, behavior, and/or attitudes.
We collect Personal Information when you when you:
- create an account;
- use the Services and features;
- make a purchase or inquire about a product or service;
- sign up to receive newsletters or other communications from us;
- request to be added to a waitlist;
- complete a survey;
- contact us; or
- communicate with us.
We work with a third-party e-commerce vendor, such as Shopify, to handle transactions. The vendor collects your Personal Contact Information and payment information. We do not collect or store your credit card or other payment information.
When you access and use the website or app, we and our analytics and advertising providers may collect Technical Information automatically by using cookies, pixels, server logs, or other similar technology as you use the website or app. We may collect this information from time to time to facilitate site navigation, personalize your experience, perform analytics, serve you relevant ads, and remember your information when you use the website. Cookies are small text files placed in visitors’ computer browsers to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies; additional information may be available through your browser’s support feature. However, if you do that, the website or certain features may not function properly.
A pixel is a piece of code embedded on the website that collects information about users’ engagement on that web page. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement.
When you access and use the mobile app, we use mobile analytics software to collect Technical Information automatically and analyze app usage and performance.
HOW WINDMILL USES YOUR INFORMATION
We may use the information collected from and about you to:
- Provide and improve our products and services;
- Fulfill orders and purchases;
- Respond to inquiries and requests;
- Send you or a third party you have identified marketing communications about our products or services or a third party’s products or services (provided, however, that we will not share any Personal Information with a third party to market such party’s own products or services without your consent);
- Send customer service and other informational communications;
- Provide system maintenance and security;
- Deliver and measure the effectiveness of targeted advertising to consumers;
- Analyze interactions with and performance of our Services;
- Administer surveys;
- Comply with laws and respond to legal requests; and
- Protect and defend our, yours, or others’ rights, safety, or property.
We may use anonymized or deidentified data and aggregated data collected through the Services for any lawful purpose. These uses may include but are not limited to analyzing interactions with and performance of the Services, enabling us to improve our products and services, and sharing such information with our business partners or other third parties. Similarly, we may enhance information collected via the Services with other information collected from our other sources, such as our vendors, business partners, offline records, or publicly available information.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your Personal Information:
- with our service providers and third parties retained to assist us in providing our products and services, such as website development and hosting, payment processing, order fulfillment, transmitting email and other communications, administration of a survey or promotion, system security, customer service, data analytics, and targeted advertising;
- to comply with legal obligations, law enforcement requests and legal process;
- to protect and defend our, yours, or others’ rights, safety, and property;
- if we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider; and
- with your permission.
Additionally, we may share anonymized or deidentified and aggregated information with our business partners, or any other third party for marketing purposes. For example, we may share such information with certain partners regarding how often and in what ways people use the Services.
We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information we collect with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, unless we have your permission.
Note that not all advertising providers participate in the NAI and DAA. In addition, if you opt-out, you may still see online advertising from us and third parties, but the ads may be less relevant to you. If you delete or block cookies, buy or use a different device, access the website from a different device, login under a different name, or change web browsers, you will need to opt-out again. Some web browsers may transmit “do not track” signals; at this time, we do not respond to such signals.
You can also opt-out using the information for our third party technology partners provided below. Note, however, that relationships change and this list may not always be comprehensive or up to date.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
Account Information: If you have set up an account, you can update certain information you have provided and your preferences by accessing your account.
Location Information: When you use the mobile app, we collect Location Information, for example, to provide temperature and humidity according to your location. You will typically be notified if the mobile app collects Location Information and you will have an opportunity to consent. You can generally limit or prohibit the collection of Location Information by using the built-in settings on your mobile device.
Marketing Email Communications: You can opt-out of receiving marketing email messages from us using the unsubscribe link provided in an email message. Note that if you opt-out of marketing email messages, we may continue to send non-commercial communications.
California Privacy Rights:
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) provides California residents with certain rights with respect to their personal information:
- Right to request that we disclose, no more than twice in a 12-month period:
- The categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories and sources from which personal information is collected.
- The business or commercial purposes for collecting or selling personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information.
- Right to request that we delete any personal information about you that we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions. If we are required to delete your personal information, then upon receipt of a verifiable request, we will delete your personal information from our records and direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
If Windmill meets the threshold requirements for application of the CCPA, then California residents can exercise their rights by contacting us at email@example.com. You can designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. We may require proof of your identity and that the agent is duly authorized by you. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights.
If Windmill meets the threshold requirements for application of the CCPA, then California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits visitors who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nevada Privacy Rights:
Nevada residents have a right to submit a verified request directing a website operator to not make any “sale” of covered information collected about a consumer for monetary consideration to a person for such person to license or sell the information to additional persons, subject to certain exceptions. Windmill does not engage in the “sale” of covered information, as that term is defined.
THIRD PARTY SITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
The website may contain links to other websites not owned by us and other websites not owned by us may reference or link to our website. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each website they interact with. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of other websites that we do not own. Visiting these other websites is at your own risk.
The website may also contain links and interactive features with various social media platforms. If you already use these platforms, their cookies may be set on your device when using our website. You should be aware that Personal Information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, chat room, social media platform or otherwise online, or that you share in an open forum may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions. We are unable to control such uses of your information when interacting with a social media platform, and by using such services you assume the risk that the Personal Information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties for any number of purposes.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We employ commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to secure the Personal Information we collect from and about you. Unfortunately, the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us.
By using the Site, you will transfer data to the United States.
The Air Lab, Inc. d/b/a Windmill